Monday, 18 August 2008

Duarte Levy and The People' story

Clarification about the article in the newspaper The People, of August 17, 2008

The information published today by the newspaper The People, concerning myself, are false. In the days between the 9th and 15th of August, I was contacted by and have met with several British journalists (*), at their request, about the witness who claimed to have seen Madeleine McCann, in Brussels, and about the article published by myself and Paulo Reis, about the existence of 24 photos, taken the night of May 3rd, by tourists who were in the Tapas Bar.

My help had been asked, by these colleagues, because, besides the fact that they did not speak French, they did not know Brussels, did not know where and to towards whom to turn to investigate the case of the witness who claimed to have seen Madeleine.

As it the custom amongst professional colleagues, I have met with these journalists and I've helped in everything that has been possible for me. As is obvious, we have talked about the Madeleine McCann case, about the information published recently in my blog and in the blog of my colleague Paulo Reis, we exchanged our impressions and comments. I will not reproduce the comments of my English colleagues, because private conversations are private conversations - at least, for principled people.

So that it is clear:
I have not, in my possession, no part (evidence) that would be of interest to the authorities or could concern the investigation of a crime.

Duarte Levy
August 17, 2008

(*) Nick Fagge & Jonathan Buckmaster - Daily Express / Lucy Hagan - The Sun / Julie (?) Daily Mail / Emily Miller - The Mirror / James Millbank - The People (14 and 15 August)

Version Francaiçe

Editor's note: Translation from KazLux, thank you for the help...