Wednesday, 3 February 2010

My Portuguese notebooks


Since many years, I have always with me a notebook, where I write everything concerning my work as a journalist: people that I have to contact, results of contacts made, notes about interviews and so on. If I need to go back in time and retrieve some remarks that a person has made to me, about Madeleine McCann disappearance, I just need to have a date (year and month is enough).

I search in the piles of notebooks that I take with me, whenever I move to another home, look for the year and month, on the front page and, after that, I just have to search in the pages of that day. I always write the date, on the top of a page, when I start to work. The last thing I do, before going to sleep, is to “close” that page and “open” a new one, for the next working day, with everything that I plan to do.

And believe me: this habit has been very, very useful, in my work in the Madeleine McCann Disappearance…